Barbri IT Information
IT Information for 2018 Barbri Course Season
Configuring a static IP on the Mac laptop-
- From the Apple menu select System Preferences.
- Select Network (third row, middle icon). The window shown below appears.
- From the sidebar, select an active network interface. The machine should show something along the lines of Thunderbolt Ethernet as the active adapter.
- Click Advanced.
- Select TCP/IP. The window shown below appears.
- From the Configure IPv4 menu, select Manually.
- Enter a static IP address in the IPv4 Address field, fill out the Subnet Mask field, and Router field. Router is synonymous with the term Gateway in networking parlance. DNS can be configured from the DNS tab (if DNS server addresses were provided as part of the network config).
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Launch Google Chrome and attempt to pull up a website to verify connectivity